Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shopping Feedback

This summer, we stopped at a Chic-Fil-A on the way back from Florida. I was so impressed, I submitted positive comments to the store via their web site. I received back a personal email from their Regional Manager, thanking me and letting me know that the employee that I mentioned and his manager would receive my comments.

I thought I would continue my project: Instead of complaining about bad service (see this post), I would compliment good service whenever possible (but with also being honest about a less than good experience).

Today, I shopped at Pier 1 Imports and our local Rouses supermarket. I didn't make a copy of my Pier 1 comments, but they were basically "the cashier was very nice, but I really DO NOT appreciate being asked for my phone number and email address. I understand why you are asking for it, but it really feels intrusive. If I have the choice, I will shop at another store." I was asked for my phone number at Party City yesterday. That is really starting to become a pet peeve of mine.

I did copy my comments to Rouses:
I was at your Airline - Metairie location this morning, trying to find all the items to create Muffaletta sandwiches for a dinner I am attending this Wednesday. I spoke with Florence (I think that was her name) in your Deli. She was very, very helpful - guiding me through all the items I needed to purchase. She even pointed out that Rouses carried the Olive Salad (in a jar) that I was looking for, but that I had not even asked her about. Great employee!!

I also asked one of your employees in the Bread/Dessert department if my Muffaletta bread would still be fresh if I bought it today (Sunday). She told me that it would not, and then offered to bake a special batch for me that I could pick up Tuesday (for my Wednesday dinner). I did not, however, get her name. There were two employees in the department at the time. The one who helped me also wrote my name (-------) in her log.

I live much closer to Wal-Mart, but drive the extra distance to shop at your store. This is why. Keep up the great work, and please let the employees that I encountered today know that they are doing a great job.

No comments: