Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Glam Rock (or Katy Perry Revisited)

or The Last Mix III (I am adding Katy Perry's Hot N Cold to my Last Mix compilation.)

---------------------

Carlos and I were talking about Katy Perry recently after her appearance on the Victoria Secret 2010 Fashion Show. (He religiously watches it; I don't understand the reason for the show but watch it for the music - while reading EW.)

I remarked to him that her song Night N Day sounded like Glam Rock. He didn't know about Glam Rock so I, of course, had to make him a mixed CD - with Katy Perry in the midst of it all.

For those who aren't familiar with Glam Rock, here is my favorite Glam Band - Sweet...


And here's a classic David Bowie track: Starman.


About David Bowie, like with Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen, I can see how others see his artistry, but I just have never been a fan.

----------------------

After narrowing down my list from over 80 songs, here is the Glam Rock Plus Mix that I made:
Young Americans - David Bowie
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
Heroes - David Bowie
Rebel, Rebel - David Bowie
Starman - David Bowie
Suffragette City - David Bowie
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
The Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
Little Willy- Sweet
Blockbuster- Sweet
Teenage Rampage- Sweet
Fox on the Run- Sweet
Action- Sweet
All The Young Dudes - Mott The Hoople
I Only Want To Be With You - Bay City Rollers
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
By The Light of a Magical Moon - Marc Bolan & T Rex
Bang A Gong (Get It On) - Marc Bolan & T Rex
Raw Ramp - Marc Bolan & T Rex
20th Century Boy - Marc Bolan & T Rex
Cosmic Dancer - Marc Bolan & T Rex

-----------------

If you have any suggestions, pass them on!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Whatta Ya Want From Me - Adam Lambert