The four of met this past Saturday to discuss our plans - and then to watch Paris Je T'Aime.
Among other items, we discovered this about the weather via a travel web site:
The November Thermometer
- Minimum temperature: 5 degrees C (41 degrees F)
- Maximum temperature: 10 degrees C (50 degrees F)
- Average temperature: 6 degrees C (42.8 degrees F)
- Average rainfall: 54 millimeters (2.1 inches)
How to Pack
- November in Paris is rainy and chilly, with low temperatures approaching freezing. Factor in wind chill and fewer daylight hours and you'll immediately understand why your suitcase should be well-stocked with plenty of sweaters, scarves, coats, and warm socks.
- An umbrella and/or a waterproof jacket with a hood are a must in this wet season.
- In terms of footwear, you don't necessarily need boots, but suede shoes or shoes made of any non-waterproof material are to be left at home. If you enjoy sporting heels, remember to bring at least one pair of flat shoes for walking, as the streets and even metro stairs can be slick from the rain.
- A light pair of gloves will make walking around the city more comfortable.
- You may also want to think about bringing a small thermos so you can warm yourself with hot coffee or tea while seeing the sights.
My To Pack list now includes a heavy coat, a scarf, gloves and a wool hat.
I'll post more details about our upcoming Paris trip soon.