Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's The Little Things II


(To read It's The Little Things I, click here.)

Carlos and I have a new Saturday night tradition - dinner and a movie. (For quite awhile, we had been staying home watching movies on Saturday nights.)

The first week was Zea's and The Dark Knight at The Palace Theatre Clearview.

The second week was Country Flame and American Teen at Canal Place Theatre.

Tonight is Vaqueros and Tropic Thunder at The Prytania Theatre.

I tried looking up the restaurant to make sure it was open in our post-Katrina world, but I couldn't find it. When I called Carlos to update him, not only did he immediately figure out that I was spelling it like Brenda Vaccaro, but he knew her birthday was November 18, 1939.

Cute and knows everything about pop culture!

4 comments:

jason said...

How was American Teen? The trailers looked good.

But wouldn't it be great if there were a restaurant named Vaccaro's...and
the waitstaff would all have to talk like her?
Or maybe that's just me.

Silly Monkey said...

Cute and knows everything about pop culture? What more could you want? Or need? :)

I don't know how you do two movies a day. I just can't sit still that long.

Marshall said...

American Teen was decent, but nothing special.

Trixie said...

I have seen trailers for American Teen and being a fan of all teen dramas it interests me. However, I'm afraid I'd end up with a wicked case of PTSD if I sat through it.