Friday, December 16, 2011

Paris Trip - The Details II

Continuing from this post...

On Monday, after another petit dejeuner, we walked down Boulevard Henry IV...



stopped in a park...



walked down to the Seine...



over Pont Sully...



and stopped at the Institut du Monde Arabe or Arab World Institute, per Jason's request. Unfortunately, the Institute was closed. Too bad: The architecture outside was cool...






We then headed to one of Carlos's requests: the Paris bookstore filled with English Language books - Shakespeare and Company. Yes, that is me in these pictures...



I bought the book The Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne, which seemed appropriate, making sure I had the clerk stamp my book.

On the way back to our hotel for a nap, we passed by Notre Dame again...






an old building (when Paris calls a building old, it's OLD)...





fantastic food on nearly every corner...



and a random carnival.


After our rest, we had our most traditionally French - and I think best - meal on our trip at a restaurant called Cafe Louis Philippe.

Their website (but in French)

Their Yelp entry

Their Foursquare entry

Our perspective...


And that was Monday (Day 4 of 9).

1 comment:

jason said...

yeay! You have a picture of my tarte:)

I just now today showed my pictures to my mother....of all of them, the one of you and Carlos at the restaurant was the one she liked the most :)