Friday, February 04, 2011

Car Issues


Last Saturday, I had my traditional every four month screwing at Speedy Oil Change. ("You see how dirty your air filter is? You really should have that replaced." "For a car with your mileage, you really should get the high mileage oil change - for an additional $20.")

They also said that I had a crack in my radiator. I trust Speedy to change my windshield wiper blades, but not to diagnose major issues. I have noticed that steam (steam, not smoke) has been coming out from under my hood for the past six weeks. As with most car issues, I figured that if I ignored it, it would go away.

This morning, I brought my car to The Radiator Shop on Jefferson Hwy, telling them only that "I think there's something wrong with my radiator". Sure enough, I have a crack across the top of my radiator. Todd, the owner, told me that it would be about five hours - and then offered me a ride home. Assuming the actual repair works out, I highly recommend The Radiator Shop. (I am also going to review them on my Poynt iPhone app.)

No comments: