Monday, November 29, 2010

Email Exchange

Over the years, I have given my 74-year-old dad computer lessons. Some things are just outside of his grasp - like using the Shift key. Here is an email exchange today about an upcoming event.

Me: Do we have anything planned yet for Christmas morning – for the family gift exchange? I offer to host. We can meet around 10 am at my house for coffee, donuts, grits and grillades (mom’s recipe), and/or hot chocolate. What do you think?

My Sister Christine: Assuming that it works for Karlie, which I think it does, I think it sounds nice. We have “Christmas with the [in laws]” this year, but I don’t it will start until the afternoon. Thanks for offering to host. I love the holidays!!!

Me: And I have two Snuggies ready for anyone who wants to use them! (Karlie can bring hers too.)

My Dad: WE WILL BE IN ATTENDENCE DAD

Me: Sounds good. Remember: In email, ALL CAPS means that you are YELLING at someone. You really should practice with the Shift key.

My Dad: THANKS

Me: Oh the irony…

1 comment:

jason said...

TOO CUTE